Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Connectivity in Android : software perspective
arunkat
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:41:44 AM(UTC)

Hi,
just begun browsing Embedded site for sometime and found too few articles related to Connectivity- especially Bluetooth, Bluez and Open Mac wireless in Android here. So started this topic.

What I hope is to bring all connectivity related articles on Android and contribute myself/ I have written myself bunch of blogs- my site is under renovation - which I would be happy to post and pool in here.

Bluez is my primary area of interest and the way Bluetooth stack is implemented in Android does deserve quite a few notes and articles. especially since Bluez itself doesnt offer detailed documentation of the open source stack and Android doesnt modularise things beyond certain extent.

Primarily the redundancy of the Bluez profiles such as A2dp HFP or OBEX profiles is puzzling. Bluetooth Low energy based profiles are another interesting case. and interesting to see how these land up in Android stack especially since JellyBeans yet doesnt have support for Bluetooth Low Energy.

On the wireless side, certain interesting events especially those related to wifi direct and concurrent mode are interesting to discuss and dwelve. upcoming features such as WiFi display or HotSpot 2.0 or use cross use cases such as AGPS SUPL with Wlan would be interesting reads.